Aqua Swimming (established in 1993) provides high-quality private swimming tuition and coaching for pre-school children, young swimmers and competitive swimmers at heated indoor swimming pools in Sevenoaks (Kent) and Pembury (Tunbridge Wells, Kent). Aqua Swimming’s unique service provides teaching and coaching from pre-school age to a national competitive level. Swimming tuition is also supplied to many local schools at Key Stages 1 & 2, making Aqua Swimming one of the largest swimming teaching/coaching schools in the South East.
The swimming lessons are run in line with the Swim England (previously Amateur Swimming Association) ‘Learn to Swim Pathway’, which is a nationally recognised framework for learn-to-swim programmes. The pathway creates a clear consistency in approach, structure and in teaching methods for all swim schools. ALL swimming teachers and coaches at Aqua Swimming hold a nationally recognised swimming teaching qualification and are DBS (Disclosure and Barring Scheme) checked. As well as being a Swim England Swim School we have a registered Swim England Swimming Club developing the competitive techniques required for entering licensed Swim England competitions.
All swimmers work towards achieving different sets of targets under the Swim England Learn to Swim Pathway. Swimmers work through the different skills at each stage in the ‘Aqua’ programme and once all skills have been passed the swimmer progresses to the next level. Swimmers on average take three terms to pass a stage in the ‘Aqua’ Swimming programme.
Click here to view the swim England website
The lessons are held in small groups. Private one-to-one and one-to-two lessons and ‘crash courses’ are also available.
- to make the lessons FUN using recognised swimming teaching practices, and including water games where appropriate
- to adhere to SAFE practices
- to maintain the highest standard of swimming tuition for ALL our swimmers
- to give all swimmers ENCOURAGEMENT in learning to swim and developing new skills at each ability level
- to provide a CARING environment and follow child protection policies in accordance with Swim England and to follow the Swim England Learn to Swim Pathway from the Foundation (pre-school) to Competitive Swimming Stages (8-10)
- to develop the skills of all our teachers with a programme of education keeping them up to date with the latest developments in the profession, and enabling them to follow the Swim England teacher certification programme
- to assess each swimmer at the end of each course (based on the criteria set out in the Learn to Swim Pathway) with a Swim England award being given to those who achieve a recognised level of competence. A recommendation is then given as to which course will be the most appropriate for the next term.
Happy to help
So that we can continually improve our service, please do not hesitate to contact us should you have anything further you would like to discuss or comment on. We are happy to advise on any aspect of swimming so that all our swimmers gain the maximum enjoyment whether it is regarding which course to choose, what type of equipment to buy or how to progress in their swimming.