Competitive Swimming Club
Watch swimming videos!
View a selection of swimming videos in our video section.
See reports and photos of our club success!
“Creating an environment where champions are inevitable”
Come for a FREE COMPETITIVE CLUB TRIAL! Contact the office for details.
The Aqua Swimming Club is a competitive swimming club. Our aim is to develop swimmers technical racing skills, including speed and endurance, and to prepare them for competitions. The coaching emphasis is on the development of technique and skills to maximise the performance of each swimmer in competition.
Sessions are taken by Marcus Branson F.I.O.S (CC) and other ASA (Amateur Swimming Association) qualified coaches at the following locations:
Walthamstow Hall School, Sevenoaks – 25 metre, 6 lane indoor swimming pool
The New Beacon School, Sevenoaks – 15 metre, 4 lane indoor swimming pool
Mondays 6.30 – 7.30 pm (Stages 8 – 10)
Wednesdays 6.15 – 7.15 pm (Stages 8 – 10)
Thursdays 5.30 – 7.00pm (Stages 8 – 10)
Saturdays 1.30 – 2.30pm (Stages 8 – 10)
We believe that to develop swimmers to their maximum potential group numbers should be kept small (up to 8 swimmers per teacher/coach), increasing the time that can be given to each swimmer.
The sessions are designed to cover these main areas:
- Analysis of technique and fault correction
- Structured schedules
- Skill work and advanced swimming practices
- Specific stroke work covering freestyle,backstroke,breaststroke and butterfly
- Preparation for competition including nutrition and psychology
- Starts, turns, relay take-overs and finishes for the four main strokes
Benefits of Membership
- Swim England (previously the Amateur Swimming Association) Affiliated Swimming Club
- Swim Mark (formerly Swim21) accredited
- Very small Coach/Swimmer ratios (approx 8:1)
- All Coaches/Teachers Swim England qualified
- Fantastic indoor swimming facilities with starting blocks
- Club members can enter Swim England ‘Licensed meet’ Competitions
- Personal record of achievement issued to each club swimmer and personal access to best times swum via the club website.
- FREE club hat issued on joining
- Training advice, nutrition advice and preparation guidelines for competition
- Club Newsletters
- Training sessions include technique sets for the four main strokes (Frontcrawl, backstroke, Breaststroke & Butterfly), competitive turns, starts, finishes and relay take-overs.
The club membership commences each year in January. Swimmers wishing to join during the year can do so and membership fees are calculated on a pro-rata basis.
Click here for information regarding Club Equipment
Swimmers who are interested in becoming an elite swimmer are invited to call 01732 455800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a FREE trial session..
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU!
Aqua Swimming Club Constitution
Code of Conduct
Anti- Bullying Policy
Child Protection Policy
Are you ready to train?
Hydration for Swimmers
Preparation for Competition (Swimmers)
Preparation for Competition (Parents)