Marcus is the founder of Aqua Swimming setting up a ‘learn to swim school’ in the Spring of 1993. Through his passion for swimming teaching and coaching the Aqua Swimming programme has grown since its inception and now offers swimming lessons and swimming coaching to many hundreds of children per week in the Sevenoaks and Tunbridge Wells areas.
Marcus took an interest in swimming from an early age and swam competitively for Woolwich Swimming Club, Beckenham Swimming Club, Millfield School (under coach Paddy Garratt) and the British Colleges Swimming Team.
His qualifications include:
– NRASTC lifesaving qualification
– Safeguarding & Protecting Children
– Swim England level 1 & level 2 Swimming Teaching Certificates
– Swim England Club coach certificate
– Level 3 coaches coach certificate
Marcus is also a member of the following professional bodies:
– Member of the IOS (Institute of Swimming )
– Member of the BSCA (British Swimming Coaches Association)
Marcus is married with a daughter and two sons and when not in swimming pools likes to spend time in the fresh air on the golf course!